The wee hours of the day, I cannot sleep, but still laying on the soft foamed bed with the most important person laying next to me. Her hands were constantly cuddling my head, I felt her love and so I buried my face towards her chest , slowly a gentle voice is melting into my ears.. Now I'm a bit sleepy .. Of course I could never grow too old to sleep next to my mother..
But all of a sudden something interrupts our perfect isolation, I was wondering what was it... A harsh knock at the door, It was my neighbor, he uttered something, I don't know what he meant, but I know that was something not good, something that was too incomprehensive for me to take, may be that was the reason why my mother told me to stay in the house and go to sleep unless she returned.
But now, how could I? I saw my mom rushing to the neighborhood in haste, I had never seen her face so blue before.. Within a fraction or two... I was alone, for a moment I struggled to sleep.. But this time, I heard horrifying sounds.. In no moment there were cries and weeps trashing into my ears... What was going on outside? ... I ran out to see it..
For the first time ever I saw my elders crying, what had happened, it was scaring me.. breaking out a cold sweat, I tried to make out what was it... until I saw my aunt was kept on a wooden plank with a white sheet over her.. too young to know that the white sheet over her mere body is nothing but a shroud. I collected my guts by bits and pieces, I went near ..more near...The house was full of people, full of weeps, full of tears, full of sympathy combined with empathy, (However every single one of those dominated by the fear and thankfulness that nothing like this eventuated with them ) masked with the words of condolences. But in that room full of people a place was now forever vacant, within the frequency of those sounds a weird and scary silence was born. Now, I was next to her feet, I saw my mom crying and at the same time consoling the little child who was just like me... I realized that everybody were crying the blues but that little boy. Maybe just like me even he was too young to identify what had happened.
Years after then, today I know it. I know that then we both were in the same place, of the same age... But the only difference was.. he was given something ruthless.. It was the kiss of death... That knows no emotions but still owes them all... And me... The fate has kept my share for the predetermined and the very inevitable time in itself, INDEED just like all.
No comments:
Post a Comment