Sunday, February 5, 2017

My Novel and Me: It's Complicated

Oh my beloved 'Novel' to be
Why don't keep it simple and easy
Don't you aspire to be a best seller
You would be my master piece
And I... your story teller

Everyday I think of you, Oh Beloved 'Novel' to be
Why creating you is so complicated...
Don't compare me with your elite writers here
Cause I'm your naive creator
No William Shakespeare
Tell me what genre should I serve you 
Romance, horror, thriller, or a parody blue

Why do you do this, Oh my beloved 'Novel' to be
You're still not impressed, are you already?
I'm thinking of Characters to gift you indeed
For satisfying you is such a tragedy!!

Oh beloved Novel, my 'Novel' to be
Now I quit on you, as it's not easy
we aren't made for each other,
And I hope that you see...
Because I've fallen for someone
who's more interesting than you
She's elegant yet funny
Not as complicated as you
Here she is in my every word
I wanted to create you, Oh Novel
But ended up creating a 'Poem'
I ended up creating HER!!
                                                

No comments: